8.10.2010

So.

We've been up since 423am. I am unsure why we keep repeating this dance of being wide awake when most sane people (who aren't going to work) are still fast asleep with sugar bunnies in their heads.

None the less, I decided that since she was already in a mood to begin with, I might as well capitalize on beating the intense sauna-like heat that is surely coming today and get what chores I could completed. We cleaned the kitchen, swept and mopped the floor, got all the trash out of the house and cleaned the fridge top to bottom.

I already informed my husband that I'll be napping with the baby today. Oh yes. Naps shall ensue.

Yesterday we made refrigerator pickles, from this recipe on Prudent Baby:

yum.

Today I'll be attempting Welsh Cookies. We attended the 161st St. Andrews Society Highland Games this last weekend, and Little Monkey was over the moon for these tasty little cakes.

She also was really fascinated by the stuff hanging off the pipers kilts:

DSC01304

In the mean time, I've got some ideas rattling around in my head.... first, however, is finishing up that table we got from Ikea:



I picked a nice Cabernet stain that I've had for a few years. I was really into wooden boxes for a while, so I have loads of woodworking stuff that probably is going to go to waste if I don't get to making use of it.

No comments:

older